Eco Material Technologies Resources has partnered with Kirkland Mining Company to develop its natural pozzolan mine near Kirkland, Arizona, 90 miles northwest of Phoenix. Kirkland’s high-quality natural pozzolans feature unique chemistry and morphology (physical shape and makeup) that make their performance in concrete competitive with, and often better than, the highest-quality fly ashes and natural pozzolans currently in the market (see table below).
Kirkland’s natural pozzolans provide:
- An effective supplementary cementitious material for all cast-in-place and precast concrete products.
- Excellent ability to mitigate expansion-caused alkali-silica reaction in concrete.
- Improved sulfate resistance in concrete.
- Reduced permeability, which helps to prevent deleterious reactions in concrete.
- A consistent pozzolan supply for Arizona concrete products manufacturers for decades.
TYPICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF KIRKLAND NATURAL POZZOLAN