Eco Material Technologies’ Synthetic Materials (“SynMat”) subsidiary services the flue gas desulfurization (FGD) byproduct and synthetic gypsum markets. SynMat enables the financing, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of FGD systems, as well as the transportation and marketing of gypsum.
SynMat specializes in:
- Engineering, procurement, and construction of gypsum dewatering systems
- Reducing production risks to utilities by taking ownership of the gypsum in slurry form
- Analytical services to support all aspects of the FGD and dewatering system processes, including microscopy, limestone and scrubber slurry analyses, and gypsum and wastewater analyses
- Operation and maintenance services for new and existing FGD systems
- Dewatering of gypsum to produce a quality gypsum cake that meets the needs of customers in the wallboard, cement, and agricultural industries.